Over the past few weeks, I have been so tired. Spiritually, physically, mentally exhausted. I’m adjusting my sleep schedule for working third shift, and I’m about halfway there.
I’ve been very lax about my Japanese studies. However, I have tried out Human Japanese at Dina’s recommendation and can’t say too many good things about it. It gives actual pointers on how to make your characters look good rather than just giving you an outline of how to do them, it explains the material succinctly, and it moves at a good pace. Hubby also surprised me by ordering a couple Crazy Kana Notebooks, which I have yet to use though they look lovely.
I was also briefly inspired to finally start working on a side project I’ve wanted to get up and running for a long time. I started a music blog where I will be analyzing song lyrics and otherwise doing music reviews. So far, I’ve only written a review of Kesha’s new album Rainbow, but it was a lot of fun and I hope to get back into it soon. I’m planning on covering music by Rufus Wainwright, Vienna Teng, Jillette Johnson, and maybe even Pink Floyd (who I adored throughout my teens). So, if you would be interested in that sort of thing, go check it out.
Other things I’ve been up to:
- Binge watched season 7 of Game of Thrones yesterday and am not so patiently waiting for the finale
- Finished watching season 1 of The Worst Witch on Netflix and loved it – it is as heartwarming as the books, which I listened to when I couldn’t sleep in college
- Got bored watching Little Witch Academia on Netflix because it’s so similar to The Worst Witch (but with less character development and more nods to Harry Potter)
- Cracked up while watching the first episode of One Punch Man
- Tried reading the otome Locked Heart and ended up deleting it… The protagonist was annoying and disbelief could not be suspended
- Spent half a day looking up fun things for hubby and I to do (botanical gardens this weekend!) so I would feel more motivated about life
- Did some research on hikikomori (social recluse) in Japan
- Learned about crime in Japan (or the lack thereof) and some criticisms of their justice system
- Started my trial of Apple Music (after being a long time Spotify user) and can say that I will never make the switch
- Updated my phone to Oreo and have barely noticed a difference
This weekend, I will be watching the new version of Death Note that’s coming out on Netflix and I’m hoping it exceeds my expectations…
If you read my list and thought that I have watched too much television lately, you’re probably right. I banned myself from YouTube for a week and when it was over the binge watching got a little out of control. It didn’t help that I was home alone for 3 days while hubby was out of state for work.
I’ve also been doing a lot of thinking, and have decided that it’s high time to get back to work on my more creative endeavors. I enjoy blogging about mental health, documenting my progress in Japanese, and writing reviews of things, but that’s not really what I feel called to write. Essentially, it feels like busy work when I should be working on my novels or even returning to poetry (which I wrote daily for a very long time).
This doesn’t mean that I’m going to write less about the things I already write about. Rather, it simply means that I need to write more.
That thought makes me very tired.
How are you all doing? What are you excited about doing in the future?