Ahh! Thank you so much Maddie for the nomination! After a couple weeks away from the blog, logging in to see this has given me the kick in the butt I needed to get writing again.
Also, thank you Okoto Enigma for creating the Mystery Blogger Award.
- Display the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to the nominator’s blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers
Three Things About Me:
- I took hip-hop dance classes for 2 or 3 years in high school and loved it, even though it was quite out of character for me. The annual recital/performance was my least favorite part – sure, I’m impressed that I can pop, lock, and drop it, but that doesn’t mean I want anyone else to see it.
- This past weekend I discovered that the Harry Potter podcasts I listened to in high school (MuggleCast and Pottercast) are actually still making new episodes. Listening to the familiar voices and a couple new ones was great. It was like catching up with friends I’d forgotten I had.
- I had a few guinea pigs in elementary school. The last was a long-haired guinea pig named Cheetara. Yes, I was a huge Thundercats fan.
Answering Maddie’s Questions:
Do you think you spend too much time on social media?
I don’t get on Facebook or Twitter too much (in fact, I was pretty much resolved to delete my Facebook this week but decided not to after unexpectedly talking to people on messenger), but I definitely spend wayyyyyyyyy too much time on YouTube.
Do you think people are born evil or become evil?
I don’t think people are inherently good or evil. People are, by nature, self-interested and can either learn to care for others or develop beliefs that allow them to continue being self-centered.
What’s your favorite lyric?
“What are regrets? They’re just lessons we haven’t learned yet.” – Sweetest Decline, Beth Orton
However, for songs that overall have brilliant lyrics, I’d have to go with some older Ingrid Michaelson songs like “Breakable” and “Starting Now.”
Do you believe in second chances?
I’d be pretty screwed if I didn’t.
What lie do you tell yourself regularly?
This might sound a little depressing, but anything along the lines of, “Tomorrow is going to be better/easier.” However, the truth of the matter is tomorrow isn’t going to be any different if I don’t make a change today.
(I’m only doing 5.)
Sara in LaLaLand – Sara keeps it real talking about mental health stuff and engages so much with her followers. She’s the first blogger that made me feel like there was a real community on WordPress.
Down the Road – Jim is a down to earth film photographer. I like seeing his pictures because his style is very different from mine.
Brain Bonbons – Dina talks about her studies and is all around awesome.
Kawaiipaperpandas – If you like anime and have a good sense of humor, you will like this blog.
Today’s Perfect Moment – Anthony’s blog is genuine and all about slowing down to appreciate the little things.
Questions for Nominees
- Do you tend to read a lot of blogs that are similar to yours or that are different from what you do?
- How has your blog changed over time?
- What’s something you want to get better at (can be blog-related but doesn’t have to be)?
- Describe your corner of the internet. (Which sites do you visit most and what do you do there?)
- What’s the last movie you saw and what did you think of it?
Thank you again, Maddie! This was a lot of fun.